Meet Dr. Diaz
Dr. Michael Diaz is a board-certified plastic surgeon and board-certified general surgeon practicing in Biloxi, Mississippi. Dr. Diaz’s strong educational background was spent at Louisiana State University where he studied Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and General Surgery.
In addition to being fluent in English and Spanish, Dr. Diaz has achieved many honors and awards, including most recently the Allergan Partner Privileges Platinum Plus Award for 2017, 2018 and 2019 and the Sun Herald’s People’s Choice Award 2018 and 2019. He has also been honored by the Consumer’s Research Council of America with America’s Top Plastic Surgeons 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and received the Top Surgeon Award for 2019.
He prides himself and his staff for delivering first class treatment and service. Dr. Diaz performs the majority of his surgeries at his own AAAASF accredited surgery center; which is connected to his office. This personal and very specialized treatment you will receive separates your experience at the Diaz Plastic Surgery Center from all other non-personalized surgery centers.
Please see below for a detailed CV for Dr. Diaz. Feel free to call our office with any questions!
Board certification is important for all fields of medicine, but it is particularly necessary in the aesthetic space. While it cannot guarantee the quality of results, it can certainly point you in the direction of qualified doctors for the procedure you are interested in or care you need. Dr. Diaz is dual board-certified in the following areas of specialty:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery in General Surgery
- Louisiana State University Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – July 2005 to June 2007
- Louisiana State University General Surgery – July 2000 to June 2005
- Ponce School of Medicine M.D. Degree with Honors – May 2000
- Louisiana State University B.S. in Microbiology-Dean’s List– 1994
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons
Honors & Awards
- Top 10 Plastic Surgeon 2021 – National Academy of Plastic Surgeons
- First Place in Resident Competition - Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Selected to represent LSU General Surgery Residents in Sages
- Administrative Chief Resident - General Surgery
- Resident of the Year - Charity Hospital, 2003-2004
- Most Outstanding Surgical Resident - Fifth Year
- Most Outstanding Surgical Resident - Fourth Year
- Most Outstanding Surgical Resident - Third Year
- Most Outstanding Surgical Resident - Second Year
- LSU Alumni Association Scholarship
- Board of Supervisors Scholarship
- Vascular Surgery Award
- OB-GYN Award
- Order of Omega
- Beta Beta Beta
- Allergan Partner Privileges: Platinum Plus Member 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Consumer’s Research Council of America: America’s Top Plastic Surgeon Award 2018
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery
- William Carey University
- Chief of Surgery
- Merit Health, Biloxi- 2013, 2017
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery:
- Louisiana State University
- Dept. of Plastic Surgery
Since establishing his Plastic Surgery practice in Biloxi, Mississippi in 2007, Dr. Diaz has been the recipient of multiple honors and awards, showcasing his excellence in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. His most recent honors include:
- America Institute of Plastic Surgeons – 10 Best Plastic Surgeons – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- 228 Awards – Best of the Best in the (228) - Best Plastic Surgeon - 2021
- Sun Herald People’s Choice Award – Best Cosmetic Surgery Clinic – 2018 and 2019
- Consumer Research Council of America – America’s Top Plastic Surgeons3 – 2017
- Consumer Research Council of America – America’s Top Plastic Surgeons – 2016
- America’s Top Doctors - Castle & Connelly 2016, 2018 and 2019
- America’s Top Doctors - Castle & Connelly 2015
- Biloxi’s Top Doctor’s - Castle & Connelly
- America’s Top Doctors - Castle & Connelly 2014
- Biloxi’s Top Doctors - Castle & Connelly
- America’s Top Doctors - Castle & Connelly 2013
- Biloxi’s Top Doctors - Castle & Connelly
- Diaz, L.M.: A New Approach to Nipple Reconstruction: The Modified S-Flap.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 122:2, 89-90: August, 2008.
- Diaz, L.M.: Role of topically administered FK506 at the time of facial nerve repair utilizing entubulation neurorrhaphy in a rabbit model. Annals of Plastic Surgery, 52: 4, 407-413, April, 2004.